Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Virus virus stay away

"Herpangina", that was what the GP said when mummy brought Baby G for a review of his illness. He do not classify this as HFMD as Baby G is not having any blisters on his hands and feet. Did a check on the web and herpangina is describe as a painful mouth infection, with the mouth filled with ulcers. It is a strain of the coxsackievirus.. similar virus that develops HFMD. On the weekend, Gareth starts to have slight fever and myself also starts to feel very uneasy at my throat. So we went to see GP the next day and both of us were found to have ulcers on our tonsils. I was worst off as I have big tonsils and am very prone to infection which will normally cause tonsillitis. So Baby G, Big G and Lao G were all down. Mummy somehow managed to avoid the virus and kudos to her for looking after the 3Gs till they are all well again. What an episode and I hope we will stay away from this virus for a long long time or never ever after.

No comments: